March 23, 2012

Pretty Awesome

Anna managed this all by herself today:



She actually figured out how to pull up with only one hand and one leg. Pretty awesome. She even "cruised" from one piece of furniture to another, balancing on her leg cast and using her arm cast to bear weight on yet only holding on with her left hand. I can't believe she did that. It makes me a little nervous because she isn't strong enough to hold herself up with one arm for very long, and sometimes she goes face first into a toy.

Sadly, she got her first black eye today. Good timing, too- the day before her birthday party! Ah. I wonder what strangers will think when they see a baby with two casts and a black eye. Yikes. It's a horrifying thought yet I have to see the humor in it :)

4 comments:

Jason and Kristen Faunce said...

Look at her go! She's such a trooper, Lisa, and I know God has big plans for such a strong, determined little girl like Anna! We will miss y'all tomorrow! Enjoy Anna's special day!

Mollyanne said...

She is incredible! Go Anna! I hope every day is getting a little easier for all of you. Thinking about you a lot!

Katie Fish said...

Oh YAY!! Go Anna! That is so awesome!

Kristina said...

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that she is gonna be an athlete. Go anna!