June 25, 2011

Favorite Items Part 2 (Baby Edition)

Who wants a bazillion baby items laying around? It's worth it to get a few nice things so you don't end up with tons of stuff all over the place. Here are a few more of my favorites:

The Maya Wrap
Anna is quite particular about her carrier. She really loves this one, and so do I. Besides the yummy fabric and colors (mine is olive green), it's super easy to put on (literally just slip on and off, barely need to adjust it) and it's very comfy and secure. It has a nifty little pocket in the tail and is supposedly very easy to nurse in (I haven't tried). I use it interchangeably with the Moby- I use the Maya when I need to get something done (easier to move around in), want to put on something quick and not have to wrap it, or if I need to get it on in the car or parking lot and don't want long yards of fabric on the ground. I use the Moby when I will be wearing it for an extended period of time and/or walking (it distributes the weight better around the waist and back). The Maya is also cooler than the Moby so it works better on hot days (baby isn't pressed up against you as much).
Pampers Swaddlers
No, all diapers are not created equal. We have some cloth diapers we are waiting to use but until Anna can fit into them (and until she stops going through 16 diapers a day), I've found IMO the superior diaper of the pack. I've tried Kroger 's, Target, Luvs, Huggies, Pampers, etc. and more or less they work the same EXCEPT Pampers Swaddlers (must be the Swaddlers, not the Baby Dry) which have this extra meshey layer that keeps everything from running around. Even Ben will comment when he's on diaper duty, "Man, do we have any more of those Pampers?" When the boys notice a difference, you know there's something to it ;)

The City Mini Single Stroller by Baby Jogger
Don't be fooled, this is not a jogging stroller. It's an everyday stroller. We picked this one out as our one and only stroller once Anna outgrew the newborn snap 'n' go style because 1) We didn't want a bazillion strollers for different purposes, we wanted one-fits-all 2) IMO it works better than the leading expensive strollers like Peg Perego, Bugaboo, etc. but costs about half to one third as much (who wants to pay $500 for a stroller?) 3) Special features- it has by far the best sun canopy and little windows so you can see the baby, an amazing turning radius that takes the touch of one finger to maneuver, it collapses so easily and is not as heavy as others, and I love that it reclines so if baby falls asleep you can give her a little impromptu nap 4) It can go anywhere- street, beach, etc.

Lullaby Music
I love these CDs I received at my baby shower! Upon first listen I thought they were a little cheesy, but after a few go-rounds I fell in love! And seriously, they are songs meant for little one but they minister to my heart, too :) 

Homemedics Soundspa Lullaby
Ok, I know this thing looks weird but it has been really helpful. A coworker gave it to me and said it was the best thing ever, especially if you have a small apartment and/or light sleeper. It's a noisemaker with several white noise sounds or simple lullabies. You can set it to a timer of 15, 30, or 60 minutes, and it works really well. The volume is great and it's sturdy. And get this- it can also project slow moving images on the ceiling or wall that apparently toddlers and older babies are mesmerized by. My friend swears it puts her son to sleep- haven't tried it because they would probably make Anna go bonkers at this point. We take this with us whenever we travel to drown out the noise.


I know, I know, you must be thinking, "Two posts in one weekend? What is going on in that household?" I do believe this is a personal record of mine.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

aw I love Sleep Sound in Jesus! I listened to that one growing up too :)

hobby exchange said...

nice share. have a nice day.