January 2, 2013

A New Year

I've realized that I've spent too much of the last year focusing on my wants- wanting my children and husband to not have to struggle with illness, allergies, and disabilities. Wanting to not have to wonder how to pay medical bills for the rest of our lives. Wanting these stresses and burdens to be lifted more than anything else. I wouldn't say it has done anything positive for my overall attitude; in fact it has hindered a lot of joy. I have let so many of these things take away the joy of what I do have. Sounds cliche, but true.

This year I'd like to be more thankful and joyful for what I've been given: two beautiful girls and a wonderful family whom God has provided for. A steady, secure job for my husband. Supportive family. My own health. Abundant Grace.

May the new year ring in this truth in my heart, more often than not.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Katie Fish said...

This is SO how I feel regarding this past year and looking forward to this new one. You put it beautifully!