May 22, 2011

Accomplished

Well, I've gotten, count it, ONE non-baby related thing accomplished in the last two months! Today while Anna was napping I finally got around to making homemade household cleaners. We have a small apartment and I got tired of toxic cleaning fumes permeating the place, and now that we have a little one, I wanted to find a better alternative. Almost everything I made used the following ingredients (plus water, hydrogen peroxide, and lemon juice which are not shown) and are completely non-toxic and OK if ingested.



I grabbed some empty spray bottles at Walmart. Normally I would shop around to find some good quality ones, but I don't have time to shop around these days, so Walmart will have to do. I also made a vegetable/fruit wash that's not included in the picture.


I used recipes from this site as well as one other. It felt good to toss those chemicals with the skull and crossbones and TOXIC labels strewn across them. Good riddance!

Eventually I will get around to making this as posted on my friend Sarah's blog. With all the laundry I'm now doing, it will definitley be worth it. I'm just waiting to use up what I already have.

2 comments:

Jason and Kristen Faunce said...

I'm going to need to make these!!! Thanks for sharing!! Let me know how the detergent comes out! :)

Jessica said...

Oh, sweet. I'll have to try that. I've made the detergent before and it worked well.