July 16, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday the weather was perfect- overcast, warm, and breezy.

Yesterday I had a million and one things I needed to do. But I sat outside our apartment, watched the trees, and felt the wind in my face. Nothing could make me happier... except my beautiful little girl sitting in her seat next to me. She fell asleep (she likes the fresh air) and I marvelled at how beautiful and wonderous she is. And how good God is.

Yesterday, for a little while, all my burdens seemed to disappear. And everything was as it should be. Quiet. Still. Peaceful. Beautiful.

And God whispered to me, "This is how it always is Lisa, when you abide in me. Because this is who I Am."

Sure, life went on again rather quickly. Anna woke up ravenously hungry and needed to eat. I needed to start making dinner and clean the kitchen.

But yesterday's moments are what life is all about. I feel so glad that I chose to experience them with my little girl. Despite the financial sacrifices and the lifestyle that Ben and I can't afford to live, I will have so many of these moments saved up in my true bank- the only one that really matters. We may not own a house anytime in the near future, or a nice car, or go shopping or dining out for fun. We may frequently turn down invites because we know they aren't wise ways for us to spend the little we have. We may not dress the most stylish. But...

I. Feel. Rich.