January 25, 2012

Mary had a Little Lamb

We received this sentimental hand-me-down from a dear family member, and it piqued my interest.



Mostly I wondered what made these Mother Goose rhymes "Christian." What I found made me smile and laugh heartily. This old-fashioned book had taken traditional nursery rhymes and added to them themes about Jesus, salvation, life, and the basic fundamentals of serving, forgiving, loving, and kindness.

I enjoyed reading through them- creative and amusing. Check out these two takes on "Mary had a little lamb" and "Jack and Jill."





And this one is pretty funny:



Maybe I should take a shot at creating my own themed nursery rhyme? :)

I really liked the old-timey pictures and thought they would go perfect in the nursery, so I decided to take a few rhymes and frame them up. First I scanned them and then resized easily by opening the picture in my viewfinder and "printing" it while choosing "4x6" size. I love how it turned out!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh my gosh-- those are TOO funny!!! It reminds me of all the old tshirts that would take "secular" logos and somehow make them Christian...or how we would change the words of popular songs so that we could sing them in youth group...guess people have been doing that for ages!! But I love how you framed them-- they really have a fun look to them.