March 23, 2011

Attack of the Dog

Yesterday my baby got attacked by a dog (when I say baby I am referring to Ben; my protective instinct has kicked in). More specifically by a Great Dane beast with, as he put it, "feet bigger than mine." He walks in the door and first thing he says is, "I'm ok" which of course instantly made me freak out. Then when I saw his blood covered arm I really started freaking out (I don't handle medical emergencies well, I've learned. I guess that comes from growing up with a bunch of girls and no boys). Needless to say, he had been running when this guy's dog (who was NOT on a leash) ran into the street and grabbed his forearm and wouldn't let go. The owner was 'shocked' because, I quote "he has never done that before". Well, folks, it only takes once, doesn't it? Which is why you should follow your local leash and/or fence laws, regardless of how 'safe' your dog is (and especially if your dog is bigger than a human). Thankfully, Ben was fine after some stitches, but he did have a gaping wound and we were not happy having to go through the whole ordeal. Lesson learned: keep your dogs on leashes, people, so they don't attack my husband. Thanks!!!! :)

No comments: