October 15, 2012

Farewell


We said goodbye to our apartment today. We moved last weekend but officially checked out and handed in our keys this morning. It was bittersweet. A lot has happened over the 3 years we lived in that place. As I let Anna take one last walk down the sidewalk to the playground, many memories flashed through my mind. What life was like before she was born... her first year... and now, watching her walk without me. She doesn't need to hold my hand anymore. She's growing up. I remember swinging on that playground, wondering what her future would be like. I still don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that she's going to be okay.

While in some ways I am sad to drive away for the last time and say "bye bye" with Anna to the past 3 years of our lives, I am also ready. Ready for this new season. And I thank God for it.

 
 
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. 
Isaiah 43

1 comment:

Tara Dembowczyk said...

Look at her go!! Sweet, sweet girl. So excited for you guys as you enter this new season.