September 25, 2012

Boston

 
Ben and I took a trip to Boston to visit my sister the weekend before he started work. We were blessed to have this opportunity thanks to my parents who helped fly us out there as a graduation gift. My older sister has lived in Boston for eight years now, and while I see her several times a year I have never been out to her neck of the woods. I knew it would be next to impossible once the new baby arrived, so this was our golden opportunity, and I'm so glad we could take advantage of it.
 
 
This was our longest time leaving Anna. My parent stayed with her for four days. I felt completely at peace knowing they were with her. I don't feel comfortable leaving Anna with someone overnight or for meals unless I am completely confident in their ability to protect her health. I have to know that they can check and read food labels thoroughly, keep her from cross contamination like dropped food or buttery fingers, and be vigilant so nothing slips through the cracks. Even with my own cautiousness Anna still breaks out in hives and eczema on a regular basis, so it's crucial that the person keeping her understands how careful they have to be. The nice thing about my Mom is that she's super on top of things and very attentive. I didn't even have to plan out each meal for Anna- I gave my mom some suggestions and tips and she took care of it. That's half the headache and the reason we dont usually leave-  it's often more trouble than its worth to plan and cook every meal ahead. So having my mom take care of things was a-mazing. I knew she wouldn't mistakenly buy or give Anna something she couldn't have. I didn't worry about her at all while we were gone!
 
 
We had the most relaxing week. My sister works in Boston but lives outside of the city in a renovated farmhouse on a huge land lot. It was a beautiful place. You felt like you were on a retreat get-away. Ben and I agreed it was the first time we've felt completely relaxed in a very long time. It was amazing!
 
 
I'm not a big picture taker. I always prefer to enjoy moments rather than capture them, but I do sometimes wish I had a personal photographer who could do it for me! This is one of the only pictures taken over the weekend.
 

 

If you look carefully you can see my cup of sprinkles to the left. I am what you would call an ice cream snob. I worked at a local ice cream shop from eighth grade through twelfth grade, and I definitely am set in my ice cream ways!

No comments: