June 26, 2012

Lazy woman's art

I've had my eye on this project for a while, but have not been able to find any old windows. Then my sister-in-law Abbie the Architect-to-be ended up with a gazillion of them and kindly gave me four! I was rather excited imagining all the things I could do with these babies.



The things is, I am feeling very lazy. Pregnancy lazy. I haven't wanted to do much of anything since I've been so tired and feeling generally yucky. What I really needed to do was wash the window, remove the hardware, repaint it, carefully apply the paper, and then hang it. Instead all I did was wash it, cut the paper, and rest it on our headboard (I think that's a safety hazard though so I will have to do something about that one :). I still love it, though. I suppose someday I will get around to all the details.




I love that this cost me $0. The window was free and I just rounded up some leftover scrapbook paper. I might switch up the paper with some better pieces at some point, but it works for now.

FYI: You can usually find old windows at Habitat Re-Stores or other similar places.

2 comments:

Erika said...

LOVE it!! But you definitely need to address the safety-hazard-ness of it. :)

Katie Fish said...

Super cute!!