June 1, 2012

14 months and first leggy fitting


First off, ya'll posted some really nice comments on my last post about VBACs. Thanks for all the support!


Anna is 14 months old! She is so cute these days. Babbling like crazy. She says "ball," "Daddy," and "all done" and her favorite word is "birdie" which she exclaims and points every time she hears a chirp outside. I love, love this stage. She continues to have such a wonderful attitude and is always happy! Ok, except when she is at a hospital or doctor's office. Then she is miserable.


Speaking of such, we had a trip to Shr*ners today. The ride there and back went great. She took both her naps in the van and handled the 6 hours of driving beautifully.



The appointment was not a big hit, however. As soon as she saw the CP she started screaming! I don't know if it was the scrubs or what, but she clung to me and would not let go for dear life. The CP tried leaving the room and giving her some time to calm down, but each time she came back in Anna would start screaming again. I've never seen her react so strongly before. The CP was so great, friendly, and wonderful so that wasn't it. I guess she's just been through so much and being there hit a chord. Maybe she was afraid the lady was going to try and take her other foot off! We at least got the first 'draft' of her leg on and had her stand up on it, if only for a second. I wish we had more time to evaluate the fit but she was so beside herself the CP thought it was best not to push it. She did say it was completely normal and that many kids freak out when getting a new leg cast or tried on because it's such an emotional thing. I really think it wasn't so much the leg, though, as it was the hospital setting and the uniformed people that bothered her. She handled the casting just fine last time. I really loved the CP and am glad we decided to stay with Shr*ners. The leg was so cute and I can't wait to get it in the mail! Her first leggy will arrive in less than two weeks! I am sooo excited! I know it will take slow steps to get her adjusted to it, but I am happy for this next stage in her life. When I saw her standing on two even legs for the first time ever, I got really emotional. It was a wonderful sight.

Here is some leggy inspiration from two dear friends' babies- cutie pie Dylan and sweet Anna (hope they don't mind me posting these :)



Anna's been having some more allergic reactions lately (like hives on the fingers at a restaurant even when I wiped down the entire tray and table. Apparently she touched some sort of residue. Urg!!) so I went ahead and organized a little purse for her medication. I was getting stressed out wondering where the pens were and didn't want anyone to have to dig through a bag to find one if she ever needed it. I also wanted everything together with the instructions so we could just grab it and go whenever we go out with her. This is what I came up with:




I like how I can hang it by the door to remember to take it with us. And when other people are watching Anna, they will have everything right there in a bright case.

On a random note, I scored big time in finding a woman who sold me some maternity clothes in my size. I knew I needed a few since my clothes were almost all sweaters and pants. Most of the stuff I got from her were dresses and a bit nicer than I would normally wear day to day, but I figure dresses are the most comfortable in the summer anyway. I fully plan on making good use of them. So if you see me dressed up this summer, you know why. I'm glad they are pretty modest necklines, too, which I always have a hard time finding. I attempted to wear something strapless for the first time in years to Ben's graduation. Not happening again anytime soon. I've gotten more sensitive to necklines since having a toddler on your hip all too often results in shifting clothes.  Here's one of the dresses and my first baby bump picture:


I realize I look huge for only being 10 weeks along. I blame it on the fact that I just finished a very large meal. I've always been that kid who had the potbelly after a big meal ;p

These clothes I got were an especially nice find since apparently Motherhood Maternity has decided that all pregnant women are rich.... and growing exponentially. Their size Small seemed so ginormous that when I compared it to one of their tops I had from years ago in a size Medium (which I found at a yard sale) this is what I found:


The WHITE shirt is the old Medium. The pink one is the current Small. Yes, their old Mediums are now smaller than their current Smalls. At this rate, all American pregnant women will be giants by 2050!


3 comments:

Erika said...

You look so cute!! And I can't wait to see Anna walking on her new leg! OK, love the medicine bag also...that's bound to give peace of mind to everyone who cares for Anna. And lastly (this comment is scattered, right?), maybe I will start doing my regular shopping at Motherhood Maternity...I've always wanted to be a small!! :)

Katie Fish said...

I'm SO excited for Anna to get her new leg!!! And you look incredibly cute pregnant!!

Tara Dembowczyk said...

You look absolutely beautiful! I hope you're feeling well and I'm so excited to hear about Anna getting her new leg. Sorry your last visit was such a difficult one. Press on, my friend!