October 14, 2011

Introducing...

After months of looking for a car for Ben to take to his rotations and school, we officially bought one yesterday! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders because now I can keep the Passat with me and the baby.

A 1996 Oldsmobile- I realize it's a major granny-mobile, but I totally don't care. And neither does Ben. It has the major things we wanted: adequate miles, big and safe, good gas mileage, and was pre-owned by only two people- an oldy lady and a Christian family man- both who took care of it well. Overlooking the fact that it has some dents and a wire-rigged bumper....

We are mostly thrilled that we actually paid for it and don't have a massive car loan hanging over our heads. Living within our means, Dave Ramsey-style.




Strangely enough, buying this car made me appreciate my husband even more and how he doesn't fall into the got-to-have-the-nicest-coolest-best materialistic attitude of America. 'Cause while I would be a little embarassed to drive this thing around, he doesn't care. I admire him for that. I said when he's finished with school and working and we save up enough money, we will have to buy an even NICER used car. Imagine that! :)

Now to figure out how to ghetto-rig this panel that's falling off in the inside...

1 comment:

Erika said...

Yaaaay!! Proud of yall for making such a big (and responsible) purchase! I'm sure you could find some kind of rigging-tips on Pinterest to help make the inside fabulous. :)