September 6, 2011

Theo-llians 2011

I realized that I never did a post on our family beach vacation. Seriously- how could I forget this one?

Here's the background: After my father died my mother married Bernie (my stepfather, who also had lost his wife in a car accident). Bernie had 4 grown children (the Theobalds), and he took on 3 more little ones (me and my sisters, the Akullians). So I inherited 4 siblings, except they felt more like aunts and uncles because they were so much older and out of the house. Now many of them are married with children, hence the big "immediate" family. We are all spread out over the country- Georgia, Florida, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New York, and Colorado, so it makes it hard to see everyone all at once. A few years ago for my parents' anniversary we all came together for a vacation at the Outer Banks. It was a blast. We decided to continue the tradition this year for their 25th anniversary. We all got together again- this time at a beach house in Seagrove Beach, Florida.

We called it Theo-llians 2011 :)

Here are some pics from the week.



The 7 children- Karen, Kevin, Laura, Keith, Kelley, Me, and Jen.
My biological sisters are the two with the sunglasses.


The 6 grandkids- Cameron, Elizabeth, Sarah, Bradley, Anna, and Michael.

Everyone (see below).

Front Row: Keith (stepbrother), Bernie (Dad), Sarah (niece), Kelley (stepsister)
Second Row: Karen (stepsister), Terri (sister-in-law/Keith's wife), Laura (oldest biological sister), Matt (brother-in-law/Laura's hubby), Jen (biological sister), Elizabeth (niece)
Third Row: Cameron (nephew), Kevin (stepbrother), Kate (sister-in-law/Kevin's wife), Me and Anna, Mark (brother-in-law/Kelley's hubby)
Back Row: Michael (nephew), Pat (Mom), Ben (my hubby), and Bradley (nephew).

Brad and Anna



Sarah, Brad, and Anna
Cameron

Sarah
Cameron and Anna

Jen

2 comments:

Erika said...

I like it!! You need to label a picture...it's hard for me to tell who is who...or even what generation each person belongs to! (older stepsister? mom? bio sister? niece?) I don't know if I ever knew about your step-siblings; I only ever knew about your (2?) sisters!

Kristina said...

so fun! That picture with Ben holding Anna above the wave is pretty amazing.