July 29, 2011

And there it is...

Feeling a lot better today. I know I haven't posted much about Anna's condition. I did a post a while back with the full story but then deleted it on second thought (I re-posted it here). I guess I didn't want people's pity. Or people thinking "Ooh, I'm glad that's not me". And honestly, it was just too much for me to do until now. But, I feel like it's time. So without further adieu, I will introduce it with style thanks to Nike, Powerade, and Kenneth Cole :)

Oscar Pistorius, Runner.



Anna has the same condition Oscar has but in her left leg only- she was born with Fibular Hemimelia Type II. It is a rare disorder that occurs 1 in every 40,000 births. In her left leg she is completely missing her fibula bone, and her tibia bone is bent and shorter than her right leg (so she has a short leg that would get shorter as her other leg grows).  It also is accompanied by a mishapen ankle joint and only four toes.

And from a woman's perspective...



Well, there you have it- I hope you enjoyed these videos as much as I did!

I can't wait to see what God does through all of this.


Here is a close up of her leg. She's thinking, "Chill Mama. I'll be fine!"

4 comments:

Erika said...

I do like those commercials. :) Can't wait to see Anna's.

Jason and Kristen Faunce said...

God has a purpose for sweet Anna! And His ways are better than our ways! I can't wait to see what HIS plan is for her! She's perfect and amazing!

Sarah said...

those commercials were beautiful! And Anna is beautiful - she always has such a sweet smile on her face :-). I'm sure it won't always be easy but she has such a special life ahead of her - can't wait to see how she thrives! Hugs to the Gentry family

Katie Fish said...

Anna is absolutely ADORABLE! And her leg looks so much like Dylan's! Just wanted to say hi on blog land. :) Thanks for sharing your blog on the FB group! Look forward to keeping up with Anna's journey as we go through it with Dylan. :) Take care!